Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Monday, April 1, 2013

Day 76: PT Session #11

More progress.  For some reason, I must have told the story about how hard it is for me to walk even 5 minutes on the treadmill around 1.0 mph for between 0.1-0.15 miles in a funny way.  I think the whole rehab room busted out laughing when I said that I was proud for going 1.2 mph for 0.15 miles in 8 minutes...which is such a far cry from running around 6.0 mph for miles and miles and miles, and not only miles, for hours and hours and hours.  That is the life of a marathon runner.

During the session, my therapist decided to pull an April Fool's joke on me and told me that this was my last session.  I literally was in utter shock because therapy has meant so much to my recovery.  No way am I ready to continue this journey on my own yet.  Luckily, it was just a joke and he took it back.  Based on my knee-jerk reaction, he was apologizing the rest of the session.

I did so well at the session, my therapist wanted me to stop using the crutch.  So, no assistive devices, other than just my ankle brace, from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment