Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Day 98: 14 weeks + PT Session #17

*14 week surgery anniversary*

It was much easier getting through therapy with my new attitude.  I know that another surgery is inevitable and that I just have to accept it.  I also know that even though it has been almost a year already of feeling pain in one or both feet with every step of every day, that I will have to go through at least another year of that.

Accepting that my life is going to continue to suck for an indeterminate amount of time has made things easier.  I know that my feet are going to hurt, so there is no point thinking about it or wishing that they didn't.

We did a lot of new exercises in therapy.  We spent most of the time talking about marathon running, since I gave my therapist his plan.  Nothing brings me more joy than reminiscing on the best period of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment