Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Day 92: Grocery Store FAIL

I went to the grocery store as I generally do once per week.  For the last several weeks, I have had no issue pushing a cart like a normal person and getting my shopping done.

Less than 5 minutes into the trip, I realized that both of my feet are too weak to be the primary weight bearer when standing.  Since grocery shopping is a lot of stop and go, it was too much for my feet.  I literally had a break down in the middle of the store because of how much pain I was in.  I held myself together enough to not cry, but only long enough until I made it to my car.

Cross grocery shopping off my new list of abilities.  Also add standing in the shower...haven't been able to do that for a week now.

I have made so much progress with my left, yet here I stand, back to my pre-surgery disabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment