Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Day 93: PT Session #16

Boy are these sessions getting even tougher to bear.  It is hard going to therapy, when I have lost all of my motivation.  Before, I was fighting to maintain my fitness and improve as fast as possible so that I could return to running and racing.  Now that my second foot is shot and another surgery is inevitable, what is the point of working so hard?

In the light of the recent Boston Marathon bombings, my therapist told me that he wants to run a marathon and try to qualify.  I told him straight up that it is really challenging to qualify for that race, and to run a marathon at all.  He and another one of his clients asked me all of these questions about marathon running and what kind of training it takes.  It was painful to talk about it, but it also felt good to share my experience with them.

My therapist asked me to bring him in a marathon training plan at my next session.  I am not sure yet if he knows exactly what he is getting himself into.

No comments:

Post a Comment