Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Day 84: 12 weeks + PT Session #13

*12 week surgery anniversary*

Made it 12 weeks!

At PT, I had to tell my therapist all about my post-op appointment yesterday.  I told him all of the good stuff about how well my left was progressing and how my doctor said that we can start pushing it more.  He must have known there was some bad news that I was selectively not telling him yet, because he confronted me about it.  I told him about the strong possibility of the second reconstructive surgery.  I didn't actually feel the full weight of it until I said it out loud to him.  In that moment, I started recalling how difficult and traumatic the first surgery was.  To lighten the mood, my therapist joked with me about how I couldn't have just sprained an ankle or something...

Calf raises continue to be difficult for my right foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment