Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Day 98(238): 14/34 week update + PT Session #19



*Right: 14 week surgery anniversary*

*Left: 34 week surgery anniversary*


I woke up with unusually painful feet this morning.  So painful that I took a 600 mg ibuprofen before work.  I stayed off of them as much as possible while at work, in hopes that they would feel better for PT this afternoon.

PT Session #19


5 mins elliptical, bungee cord walks, step downs (3 x 15), trampoline ball throws while balancing on a foam pad (5 x 7 each foot), 4 cone touch (3 sets each foot), manual therapy (scars)

HW: work on scars, balancing on one foot, scar tissue on the bottom of my feet (roll feet over golf ball)

-------------------

When I got home, I did just over a mile walk downtown at an average of 2.8 mph.  My speed is slowly increasing!

-------------------
Reflection

Painful feet today, however, t's not going to stop me from making progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment