Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Day 95 (235): Tailgate/Game Excitement

A benefit of having to fly to my old home for an appointment was being able to see my college team play one of our biggest games of the season.

I was worried about how my feet would handle tailgating and the game day experience.  I shouldn't have been, because they handled it like champs.  I walked/stood around tailgating for close to 4 hours.  My feet were fine.  Of course they were a little numb from the pressure put on them, but not too painful to enjoy myself.  During the tailgate, I met up with a bunch of my old friends, and I got to see my former therapist.  He was so happy to see me up and walking so well, and I was as equally happy to see him.  He was at the center of my support system for my surgery recoveries.  I've had to learn to continue my recovery without him, but it has only made me stronger.  At some point, you just have to claim your journey as your own.

I sat most of the game instead of cheering like a lunatic, as I usually do, to give my feet a rest from the stress I put on them tailgating.

At the end of the day, my feet were a little achy.  I elevated them at the hotel.

----------------------
Reflection

1) My team is AWESOME...because we won.  Pulled off a big upset.

2) I am going to continue living my life and regaining my independence.  Feet...you are no match for me.






No comments:

Post a Comment