Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Day 114 (254): PT Session #24 Meltdown

PT Session #24

5 mins elliptical
weighted baps board (inversion, eversion, and circles) --> This was just as difficult as it was the last time.  It pushes my ankles to their absolute ROM limits, and with the weights on it, their strength is also challenged.

Now on to the meltdown...

With my feet fatigued from the baps board exercises, I had to do the 5 cone touch exercise while holding a medicine ball.  I have been getting pretty good at this exercise, but I have never had to do it after the baps board before.  My feet were clearly tuckered out and aching already, which led to me losing my mental focus.  I was so frustrated at struggling through an exercise that I had already kind of mastered.  I couldn't keep my balance to save my life, and also had no will to fight for it.  I was so checked out that I actually sat down on a nearby table in between sets.  I NEVER take a break.  I always go straight through all of my exercises.  Today, I was just off.

After, I did backwards step ups with the bungee cord attached to my waist, and manual therapy.

This session couldn't end fast enough!

----------------------
Reflection

I cracked today.  I allowed my frustration to interfere with my progress.  It was one of those days that I felt the full weight of the struggle that I go through daily with these feet of mine.  I am so tired of all of this.  So sick of having to spend so much of my time just to try to get back the "normal" function of my feet.  Right after therapy, I had to go straight to work to teach.  I had to hold back the tears and give myself a serious pep talk on the drive from the clinic to school.  I couldn't let my frustration spill over to the other areas of my life today.  I put extra effort in behaving in my usual jovial and enthusiastic manner.  No one called my bluff.  If only I wasn't so good at hiding my pain at this point... 


No comments:

Post a Comment