Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Day 112 (252): 4/9 month update + PT Session #23


*Right: 16 week (4 month) surgery anniversary*

*Left: 36 week (9 month) surgery anniversary*


My feet are tolerating less elevation (during the day and most importantly also at night!), my feet are feeling better (less painful and achy), and also stronger.  I am making a real effort to take the stairs in and out of my building at work daily and to stop avoiding manageable standing, walking, and stair situations.

PT Session #23

5 mins elliptical, 6 cone touch with a medicine ball, backwards step ups (a few sets regular, then with the bungee cord attached to my waist), weighted baps board eversion and inversion (this is really difficult for me and uncomfortable), manual therapy (joint mobility and scars)

Walk
Distance: 2.09 miles
Average Speed: 3.10 mph
Duration: 00:40:31

---------------------
Reflection

I made it to 4 months!!!  I did really well in PT this morning AND I was able to walk 2 miles at greater than a 3 mph pace!  I am getting much faster, my gait is looking better, and I have a longer stride length.  I can go up stairs fairly well and manage going down.  I have a lot to work on, but it is clear that I have come a long way.  I have 2 more months of work to do before I am cleared for any high-impact activities and running.  My time will come...



No comments:

Post a Comment