Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Day 105 (245): 15/35 week update + PT Session #21



*Right: 15 week surgery anniversary*

*Left: 35 week surgery anniversary*



Progress is still slow, but I am really enjoying training again.  I am getting better at walking day by day and am starting to feel stronger.

PT Session #21

5 mins elliptical, 5 x 5 cone touch, 10 bungee cord walks (front, and both sides), 3 x 10 squats on waffle board with 35 lb weight bar on shoulders (This exercise woke the athlete in me.  I was really proud that I was able to do this without much challenge.  It is not easy to balance on an unstable board, carrying weight on your shoulders, while doing squats...but I can do it!!!), manual therapy (scars)

Walk

Distance: 2.06 miles
Average Speed: 2.55 mph
Duration: 00:48:34

--------------------
Reflection

I am doing really well in PT and today was the first time I covered 2 miles in my walk.  It was a little bit of a struggle.  Notice the drop in speed.  I had to take a break for a few minutes around 1.7 miles, and then I finished up.  I only go as fast as I can go while maintaining a proper gait.  One of my old coaches once told me that "Practice does not make perfect, PERFECT practice makes PERFECT."  I keep that in my head as I do all of my PT exercises and workouts on the way to recovery.  The journey continues...








No comments:

Post a Comment