Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Day 109 (249): Another Wedding (Almost a meltdown)

I had another family wedding to go to this weekend.  I picked out the cutest dress and accompanying jacket and jewelry to wear.  Then it came to the shoes...

I tried on a pair of my more stylish flats that went well with my outfit, and my feet couldn't tolerate them for more than 5 minutes walking around my parent's house.  I tried on another wishful pair, same result.  I then put on a pair of my sensible (code word for ugly) Clark's mary jane flats.  I really had a great outfit from ankle up and finally enough confidence to wear an outfit as flashy as that again...and then I had to put on the only shoes my feet would tolerate.  I had to give myself yet another pep talk to get over yet another hurdle on the road to my recovery.  I told myself to be happy that I am walking again, be happy that I am no longer wearing braces, be happy that I don't have to use assistive devices.  My personal style is a small price to pay for how much improvement my feet have made since my surgeries.


---------------------
Reflection

One day I will return to my fully confident self again.  Today is not that day, but I am well on my way.  For now...it is all about avoiding the meltdowns.  I talked myself out of another one today.





No comments:

Post a Comment