Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Thursday, September 12, 2013

100 Days!!!! (Right foot) + PT Session #20

100 DAYS!!!!

My feet were a little less painful when I woke up than they have been for the last couple of days.  I decided to wear tennis shoes to work again today (but I didn't wear the ankle braces).  I also took a golf ball (for working on the scar tissue on the bottom of my feet), bio oil (for massaging my scars), and a band (for working on ROM and strengthening exercises) to work today.  I designated a drawer in my office desk for my work PT supplies.

My feet managed work fine today.


PT Session #20

Bike (6 mins), 4 x 5 cone touch, 3 x 10 bungee cord step-ups, 3 x 12 waffle board squats with a 30 lb weight bar, standing baps board circles, manual therapy (incisions/towel on scars).

After PT, I went looking for a new pair of tennis shoes.  I went to all the local running stores and tried on a number of pairs, but none of them seemed to feel right.  My feet are so "young" that I am not sure they know what they want.

--------------------------
Reflection

This was the first day that I felt like an athlete again.  The squats on a waffle board while holding a weighted bar on my shoulders is a very complicated movement.  I handled those things like a pro.  I barely even bobbled my footing.  Feels good to feel some semblance of my old self again.  I made it to the 100 day mark...again...this time with my right foot.  I have come a long way and have even longer yet to go.  I must keep pushing...






No comments:

Post a Comment