Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Friday, September 13, 2013

Day 101 (241): Walk + New Tennis Shoes

Walk
Distance: 1.71 miles
Average Speed: 2.45 mph
Duration: 00:41:59

New tennis shoes
After going to all the local running shops yesterday and not finding anything, I decided to see what Dick's Sporting Goods had.  Much to my surprise, they had a larger selection of running shoes than the running shops did, perhaps the largest selection I have ever seen in a sporting goods store.  I tried on a number of pairs, and then my eyes caught a pair of neon pink shoes.  Before getting too excited, I checked to make sure they were stability shoes.  THEY WERE!!! I have never seen such a cool looking pair of stability shoes.  They are usually in boring colors, really bulky, and look like they only belong on people 60+. Then I checked for my size.  They only had a 6.5 and a 10 left in this color.  I typically wear a 9.5 in tennis shoes, and the running stores I went to yesterday were trying to convince me that I wear a 9.  The 10 would be a stretch.  I tried on the 9.5's in another color, and they felt snug.  I tried on the 10's, and much to my surprise, they were a perfect fit.  I googled this pair of shoes and found reviews that the toe box is snug and they can be uncomfortable with extended wear when you go with your regular size.  I have always been a fan of having more space in the toes, because I have the type of feet that swell with exercise, especially now with my post-surgery feet.  The most important thing was that my ankles/heel/and midfoot fit snug in the shoe.  I walked around the store for about half an hour in the shoes to make sure my feet responded well and they wouldn't be too loose.  They passed the test, so I bought them!  At the checkout, I found out that Dick's has a 30 day test policy, so that made the purchase easier.  You can use the shoes for up to a month and return them if they don't work for you.

So without further ado...here are my most perfect new pair of stability tennis shoes:

Brooks Women's Adrenaline GTS 13





I already put some neon green tri-laces in them!

------------------------
Reflection

Sometimes if you are persistent...you get lucky!  I can't believe that I found such a perfect pair of tennis shoes.  I LOVE bright colors...especially NEON bright.  For the last couple of years now, I have been used to walking past all the cool looking shoes, right to the ugly stability shoe section.  Brooks has finally made a pair that is as cool looking as they are functional.   Today I am a happy camper.


No comments:

Post a Comment