Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Monday, September 9, 2013

Day 97(237): Return to Public Gym

Today, I decided to go to a local gym that I am thinking about joining.  I went with two of my new colleagues after work.

Workout

Bike- 10 mins

Core Conditioning Class- 30 mins

Elliptical- 15 mins

The group fitness class was a psychological battle.  I am so accustomed to being the most trained person in the class.  I performed as well as most people, but I didn't dominate the class like I usually do.  There were also a few exercises that I had to modify to protect my baby-like feet.

----------------------
Reflection

I am really glad that I stepped over this hurdle and had enough confidence to go to a public gym.  On the other hand, I am really going to have to keep encouraging myself to make progress, no matter how small it is.  Also, I have to stop comparing myself to other people (who didn't have to get both of their ankles reconstructed) and my old elitely trained self.




No comments:

Post a Comment