Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Friday, March 1, 2013

Day 45: Walking Adventure

I live in a metropolitan area that has many amenities, restaurants, and stores within walking distance.  In fact, before this injury, I rarely used my car.  I have so longed to take my normal paths, but that requires being able to walk.

Today, it was time to upgrade my cellphone and I noticed that there was a store in the shopping plaza that I live two blocks from.  With my successful adventure to the Chinese restaurant yesterday, I wanted to see if I could make it.

I had to take several breaks along the way, and deal with everyone staring at me, but I made it!  Not only did I upgrade my phone, I also got some take-out from one of my favorite restaurants that I have had to live without since my surgery because they don't deliver.

Sure, my foot was sore, and I had to do some serious icing and elevating when I got back, but I call today a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment