Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Day 44: Les Mis Adventure

After a few hours of back to back meetings at school, I rushed home to meet my friend so that we could ride over to the theatre for Les Miserables.

I brought my handicapped pass with me and luckily the theatre allowed us to park for free!  We went to the actor's chat back and then we went to dinner before the show.  Since we were already parked, we had to try to find somewhere in walking distance.  Of course this was challenging, because with me and my boot and walker, we had to consider options much closer than traditional walking distance.

We ended up finding a Chinese restaurant that was between .25 and .5 miles away from the theatre.  With my slow behind it was a 30 minute walk each way.  This was the first time that I tried to walk any significant distance.  It was extremely challenging and my ankle screamed, but I did it!  This gave me confidence as I knew I would be able to add a little more walking back into my daily routine.

The show was awesome, especially since my friend and I got upgraded to box seats, since that was the handicapped accessible seating.  This allowed me to sit with my foot elevated on my walker during the show.  I would much rather not be disabled, but at least it has a few perks.

No comments:

Post a Comment