Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Day 58: Progress

Making some major progress.  I have been practicing full-weight bearing in my boot around my apartment.  It hurts my heel, but I can do it.  I can feel pain along the line that my heel is broken.  It kind of feels like there is no cushion on the bottom of my foot, as if my bone is making direct contact with concrete (even when I am walking on carpet).

Last night, I got frustrated with sleeping with my legs elevated, so I pushed the pillows out of the foot of my bed and slept without elevation.  I was scared that I was going to wake up in the middle of the night with my ankle throbbing in pain.  Surprisingly, I didn't.  My ankle was a little swollen when I woke up, but it was a small price to pay for a good night's rest.

When I took a shower today, I didn't have much time, so I tried to do it standing.  I put about 20% weight on my surgery foot and used it primarily for balance.  I did have to sit on my shower chair from time to time to rest, but nonetheless, got through most of the shower standing.

Add this day to the small victory category.

No comments:

Post a Comment