Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Monday, March 18, 2013

Day 62: PAIN

The day started out well with my second gym workout and my first official at home PT session (since my PT wants me to do my usual Monday exercises at home, so we can save sessions for later).  The workout was great! I have missed pushing myself dearly.  I can't do anything close to what I could do before, but its a start.

I iced and elevated my leg for a few hours before heading to school.  When I got there, I took a midterm and then studied for an upcoming midterm in a computer lab.  The reason why I am sharing this is that these activities weren't conducive to me elevating my leg.  In total, my leg was down for 5 hours.  It was bothering me quite a bit during that time.  When I got home and took my boot off, no surprise, my foot was extremely swollen.  Not only was it swollen it was irritated and painful.

I iced and elevated as soon as I got home but it didn't even make a dent in the pain I was feeling.  I pondered taking acetaminophen, but I knew I was going to need something stronger.

So...

I broke down and took a percocet!

I only took percocet the first 2.5 weeks, 1 pill around week 4, and this one around week 9.  I absolutely HATE taking medicine.  I just don't won't that junk in my body.  

All in all, I can say that it was worth taking the pill because the pain decreased significantly and I was able to get some rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment