Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Day 71: First day at school without the boot

Today, I ventured off to school with my ankle brace and tennis shoe, and 1 crutch.   My therapist doesn't think I really need the crutch, but he said that it was wise to bring it as a sign for other people to give me some space.  Tripping and falling is not something I can afford with my baby ankle.

I had a lot going on at school, and surprisingly being without the boot made things a lot easier.  I didn't really realize how heavy and bulky it was until I was without it.

The good news is that with the brace and the shoe, I don't have the severe swelling issues I had in the boot .

Yesterday, I had to take extra strength acetaminophen, because walking in the shoe has brought my old friend, pain, back into my life.  Today was no different.

No comments:

Post a Comment