Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Friday, March 29, 2013

Day 73: Return to the Treadmill

With my therapist's approval...I decided to try the treadmill today.  I literally can't remember the last time I have been on a treadmill.

I cautiously stepped on and started it up.  Luckily this treadmill starts at 0.6 mph, most treadmills start at 1.0 mph.  Let me tell you...I never thought that going at 0.6 mph was going to be so difficult.  I felt like a baby calf or a baby deer when they come into the world and try to walk for the first time.  I had to hang on to the rails as if my life depended on it.  I worked my way up to 1.0 mph, but I could only tolerate a total of 5 minutes on the treadmill before my heel gave me intense pain.

Later on, I went to the gym and did a real workout.

--------------------

Treadmill- 5 minutes (1 at 1.0, 1 at 1.2, 1 at 1.3, 1 at 1.4, and 1 at 1.5) for a total of 0.1 miles

Bike- 10 minutes

18 lb bar- 3 x 10 squats, 20 shrugs, 10 dead lifts, 10 clean shrugs

Balance on mat- 40 x knee raises, abduction, leg back

Treadmill- 5 mins (same as above)

Leg Press- 40 x 60 lbs

40 squats with ball between wall and back

3 x 30 sec balance on one leg

3 x 20 sec plank circuit

3 x 10 shoulder circuit

10 mins arc trainer (interval level 2)

10 mins bike

--------------------

What a fun 2 hours!  And then acetaminophen, icing, and elevating.

No comments:

Post a Comment