Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Day 51: PT Session #3

I feverishly iced and elevated my ankle through the night and all day before my PT appointment.  I didn't want my PT to get on my case for pushing my ankle too far yesterday. Luckily, I was able to get the swelling down in time for it to look "normally" swelled for my appointment.

We went through the typical massage and ROM game.  We did do something new to work on my toe strength.  My therapist had me pick up marbles and put them in a container.  It was actually really fun.  My ankle was also able to handle being iced through the GameReady, which ices and compresses at the same time.  At the earlier appointments, my ankle was too sensitive for the compression.

Progress is progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment