Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Day 60: First walking trip to the grocery store

I felt adventurous today and was looking for an excuse to get some walking in.  I needed to return some dvds that I rented last night, so I decided to walk the ~3 blocks to the grocery store.  I used my walker to help me get there, and I needed it, BIG TIME, especially on the way back.  Walking there took quite a while, >20 mins (normally a 5 min walk for me).  By the time I got there, my heel started bothering me.  I returned my movies and got a sub sandwich.  I then made the trek back to my apartment.

Had I tried this adventure without an assistive device, I wouldn't have made it.  Walking on hard ground is still really hard for me at this point.

I am not sure when I will try this challenge again, but one day I'll be able to walk to the grocery store without an assistive device.  I can't wait for that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment