Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Saturday, March 16, 2013

First workout at the gym

After resting from my trip to the grocery store, I went to my building's gym. When I got to the pool deck that you have to walk across to get to the gym, it hit me that I hadn't set foot there in >2 months.  It was a place that I had so commonly frequented to get in my triathlon swim training and to visit the gym.  I stood there for more than a minute to take the moment in.  While I still can't "walk," I am making some major progress because just being able to get there from my apartment is a victory.

Gym workout:

10 min seated bike

Boot off for ankle ROM exercises.

Boot back on.

2 x 10 seated rows (60 lbs)

2 x 10 lat pulldowns (60 lbs)

2 x 10 seated arm curls (30 lbs)

2 x 10 shoulder abduction

2 x 20 seated ab machine (90 lbs)

2 x 20 seated back extension (110 lbs)

4 x 10 seated leg press (80 lbs)

40 bodyweight standing abduction and adduction with each leg

40 bodyweight standing knee raises with each leg

2 x 4 shoulder superset exercises x 10 reps

40 shoulder shrugs

40 squats with a 12 lb bar

20 dead lifts with a 24 lb bar

20 clean pulls with a 24 lb bar

20 mins bike, mountain climbing program

stretching

ankle ROM exercises


When I finished, the sun was still out, so I sat with my leg elevated on some patio furniture.  I sat for about 30 mins with my eyes closed letting my skin soak in the rays.  I haven't been outside more than a few minutes here and there for 2 months.  In that moment, I was really happy, because as I sat there with my eyes closed, I imagined all the training I have done with the sun beaming down on my skin.  I am dreaming of those days to return.  I have 9 more days before I can get back to swimming.

Ice


No comments:

Post a Comment