Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Monday, October 28, 2013

Day 146 (286): Acceptance + Gym

Today, after a wonderful weekend away, I was back to my normal Monday schedule.  I taught my two classes, held office hours, and had a research meeting.  My research meeting went swimmingly.  I am so happy to be getting my research agenda off the ground and that I have already found people to collaborate with.

After work, I went to the gym...

Walk (to the gym)

Duration: 00:12:04
Average Speed: 2.80 mph
Distance: 0.56 miles

Gym
30 mins bike
3 sets bench press (10, 8, 6 reps with increasing weight)
2 x shoulder circuit with tricep extension
30 seated heel raises
2 x 15 standing hamstring/glute machine
Ab circuit with 8 lb medicine ball
Hip plyometrics
Stretch

I got a ride home with a friend after.


-------------------------
Reflection

I have been thinking a lot about my speech and how people reacted to it.  I am so grateful to be on this end of all of this now, which is on the entire opposite end of the spectrum from where I started.  I am really working on focusing on the positive in my life and it is starting to pay off.  Life is getting better and easier day by day.  I have accepted my fate and am moving on...









No comments:

Post a Comment