Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Day 124 (264): Walk + Gym

Walk
Distance: 2.36 miles
Average Speed: 3.45 mph
Duration: 00:41:02

I ventured on a new route through downtown.  To my surprise, I walked my first mile of the day in 16:05 minutes, at a speed of 3.73 mph!!!  That is my fastest mile to date and not far from the "normal" expected time for a walked mile, which is around 15 minutes.

After my walk, I went to the gym.

Gym
I went straight to exercises since I already did my warm-up and cardio with my walk.

2 x 12 step ups on the reebok balancing board with the foam pad on top and holding 8 lb dumbbells

2 x 12 squats, shrugs, dead lifts, with same platform set up as above, with a 30 lb weight bar on my shoulders

6 x 20 sec standing rope pull

2 x 10 leg extensions and leg curls

3 x 10 seated calf raises, no weight

2 x 10 bench press (45 lb bar)

2 x 10 shoulder circuit w/ tricep extensions (7.5 lb dumbbells)

10 x 20 exercises in my ab circuit, using an 8 lb medicine ball every other exercise

New PT hip exercises for clip out motion

Stretch

Walk home after gym:
Distance: 0.54 miles
Average Speed: 2.96 mph
Duration: 00:10:57

No comments:

Post a Comment