Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Day 138 (278): Slept without elevation!

For 277 straight nights, I have had to sleep with my feet elevated.  I have tried to ween myself off from it many times before.  I never last more than 30 minutes because I feel the blood pooling in my legs and feet and they start to ache.  Last night, I MADE IT THROUGH THE WHOLE NIGHT!!!!  When I woke up, I was sleeping on my stomach, something I haven't been able to do in close to a year.  I'm so thrilled that elevating my feet will be a choice from here on out, not a necessity.

------------------------

Walk

Distance: 3.35 miles

Average Speed: 3.06 mph

Duration: 01:05:33

When I returned from my walk, I went through my full at-home PT routine.  With the scheduling issues, this has been my first week without PT for the last several months. As much as I still need to go to therapy, I am not going to lie, I enjoyed my week off.  I had so much more time on my hands and a fleeting sense of freedom.

------------------------
Reflection

Progress!  I am making more progress!  So happy to be feeling some sense of normalcy return to my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment