Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Friday, October 25, 2013

Day 143 (283): PT Session #30 + State Fair

After the day I had on Wednesday, I took Thursday off.

PT Session #30

7:30 am!!! PT at 7:30 am!!!...Still a result of my schedule getting messed up.

Bike 5 mins, Backwards step-ups with the bungee cord, 2 x 10 hip exercises all directions with weight attached to ankle, 2 x 15 Baps board all 4 directions, Manual Therapy- Ultrasound and Stem combo on both calves

I showed my therapist that I can do a left single heel raise (just a little bit), and how I can just barely put some space between the ground and my foot on the right single heel raise.  He told me to keep trying.

I went to work and taught a class, then drove home to my parents' house.

State Fair
Since I drove home, in preparation for a flight to a conference tomorrow, I got the chance to go to the annual state fair with my parents.  I was a little concerned if I would be able to tolerate all of the walking or not.  I set my gps tracker to see how much walking I did:

Duration: 01:29:24
Average Speed: 1.92 mph
Distance: 2.86 miles

--------------------
Reflection

My feet were a little sore, but I am happy to report that they did not get in the way of my fair experience.  In fact, I felt lucky every time I saw someone in a wheelchair, with a walker, or crutches, with all sorts of casts, boots, braces etc.  To every single one of them, I smiled in encouragement for them, and in victory for myself.  I've come a very long way.  I am grateful that while my feet are still uncomfortable while walking, I CAN WALK!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment