Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Monday, October 7, 2013

Day 125 (265): Feeling like an athlete again

I've gone back to scheduling out my work outs at least a week in advance and sticking to my planned training schedule daily.  Over the weekend, I realized that I haven't put as much emphasis on walking in the past few weeks as I should be.  I have been so busy swimming and biking, going to the gym, and don't forget about going to PT, that my regular old walking time has dropped down.

Today, I decided to walk during my "lunch" break.  As soon as I got done teaching my morning classes, I threw on my training clothes, and went for a walk on the trail right behind my building.

Walk
Distance: 1.12 miles
Average Speed: 3.24 mph
Duration: 00:20:50

As soon as I got back to my office, I had a steady stream of students to attend to.  So much for my plan of walking during lunch, thinking I would have time to eat during my office hours.  Eventually, I did find a time to eat, but it wasn't soon enough.  Not sure if I'll try to sneak a walk in during the middle of the day again.

After work, I went swimming.

Swim
100 warm up
3 x 100
4 x 50
100 cool down
calf raises (double and single-legged)
+30 mins pool running

-------------------------
Reflection

Not only do I have the mental determination to suceed, but my calves are coming back, my legs are feeling stronger, and my shoulders are more defined.  Folks, I think I might be getting my "athlete" back.


No comments:

Post a Comment