Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Day 128 (268): PT Session #28 + Stand Tall

PT Session #28

PT was much more challenging, my therapist kicked all of my exercises up a notch.

5 mins bike, bungee cord step backs, bungee cord walks (15 front, 15 back), bungee cord obstacle course (walking to and from and around scattered cones), Baps board exercises, cone touch, and hip exercises with weight strapped to my ankle.  No manual therapy.

-----------------------------

At work, one of my colleagues made a comment, "I didn't realize how tall you are."  Folks, I am back STANDING TALL.  My posture has obviously been greatly affected by my compromised gait due to my feet.  In addition, not being in a "trained state" has also made my posture slouchy.  Now that I have been really consistent with my training over the last several weeks, I am getting my old athletic body and accompanying posture back.  Feels good.

------------------------------

Swim

After work, I went for a swim.  I would call it a recovery swim, I didn't push the pace much and just focused on keeping moving rather than a planned workout.

------------------------------
Reflection

So happy to be progressing in therapy and in life.  I am getting my confidence back and able to stand tall as the leader I have and will always be.  I am going in the right direction and I just want to keep this ball moving!





No comments:

Post a Comment