Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Day 121 (261): Patience + PT Session #26

During my morning scan of social media, I was inspired by this quote:


This quote sums up the story of my life for the last year.  It has been such a struggle.  I can't say that it was all worth it (who really needs to go through two complete ankle reconstructions while they are trying to finish and defend their dissertation, and oh yeah, start their first full time faculty position), but I am truly happy with where my life is now.  I don't normally look forward to birthdays, but 26 couldn't come soon enough.  The countdown to November 1st is on!

PT Session #26

Worked with the other therapist again today, while my therapist is out.

5 mins elliptical, cone touch with med ball, baps board TORTURE (no weight, but a bigger ball on the bottom), backwards step ups with the bungee cord, learned some hip exercises to help with my bike clip-out motion, manual therapy (calves and scars)

---------------------
Reflection

I still HATE the baps board exercises.  They cause immense pressure to build up in my ankles causing pain and discomfort for 2+ days after therapy.  I am finally getting a more normal gait back and some of my ADL's back.  This exercise compromises everything.  The last thing I want is to do something in therapy that will cause me to lose out on my life for days afterwards.  Not a happy camper.  Another dose of bitterness for me...


No comments:

Post a Comment