Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Day 123 (263): VIP Football Treatment

I was nominated by one of my students, who happens to be a volleyball player, to serve as an honorary coach during her game this past Thursday.  At the game, I ran into the AD, who invited myself and one of my colleagues to the pre-game festivities in the field house, and also to sit in his box suite during the football game.  I didn't want my feet to draw attention, so I didn't wear my tennis shoe and ankle brace combination that I have worn to previous games.  Instead, I wore "normal" shoes (sperry boat shoes) with my outfit.  With all the walking around, going up and down stairs around the stadium, and standing up often for big plays, my feet were screaming by the end of the game.  I went straight home to ice and elevate afterwards.

-----------------------
Reflection

Small victory: Began making meaningful connections at my new school

Price: A painful day for me (Soooo not fair...)




No comments:

Post a Comment