Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Day 119 (259): 17/37 week update + PT Session #25 + Swim


*Right: 17 week  surgery anniversary*

*Left: 37 week surgery anniversary*

Nothing new.  Feet are still progressing well.

PT Session #25

My therapist is out of town this week, so I am working with another therapist at the clinic.

6 mins bike, 4 x 5 cone touch w/ med ball, Weighted baps board TORTURE, side to side, and clockwise and counterclockwise circles (I also had to do front and back for the first time today),
Backwards Step-ups with the bungee cord, manual therapy (scars, anke ROM)

-------------------------

After work, I went for a swim.

Swim

4 x 25 warmup
2 x 25 right arm pull drill
2 x 25 pull
2 x 25 left arm pull drill
+swam 15 minutes continuous
+Kick drill with flippers.

-----------------------
Reflection

I limped around all day after therapy and I had serious cramps in the pool today.  My feet were really achy.  Minor setback.

Note to self: It is not good to swim on therapy days, especially after sessions where I have to do that horrific baps board exercise.




No comments:

Post a Comment