Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Day 141(281): PT Session #29 + Mini Meltdown

PT Session #29

5 mins elliptical, lateral "squat" walks with 150 lb bungee cord around my waist, Heel raises (2x5, alternating focusing on eccentric lowering on each leg- basically shifting my weight to one side while lowering from the double feet heel raise), 3 x 12 backward step-ups with 75 lb bungee cord, Baps Board 2 x 15, all 4 directions, manual therapy-calves

HW: Work on progressing heel raises by doing the eccentric lowering drill (This should prepare me for doing single leg heel raises), work on rolling out calves.

--------------------------
Mini Meltdown

Since my therapy schedule is messed up, this appointment was on a Wednesday, one of my toughest days of the week at work.  Also, my therapist let me out of therapy a little later than usual, so I had to rush to work.

As soon as I got to work, I had 15 mins to change my clothes and get my stuff ready for class. I then taught for 2 straight hours, into a 2 hour event for the club that I am the faculty advisor for, straight into office hours.  Of course, of all days, this was the day that I had a steady stream of students coming in to see me.  I finally was able to eat my lunch around 2:45 pm.  I was so drained by that point that I was lightheaded.  I am not kidding when I say that I felt so bad that I wanted to die.  But duty calls.  After, I forced myself to work until 5:30 pm, then went home and crashed.

-----------------------------
Reflection

Just one of those days.  Rough.  Just one of those unavoidable days.  I am managing a lot on my plate at the moment from my job standpoint already, then add this recovery saga on top of it.  Phew!!! I am tired.

I wish changing shoes could solve my problems...



No comments:

Post a Comment