Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Monday, December 30, 2013

Day 209 (349): Looking Forward

I drove back to my parents' house today after a busy weekend of reorganizing and upgrading my apartment.

Just before getting home, I stopped at the bookstore.  I haven't had a chance to go this semester, but I really do love reading and enjoy going to pick out new books.

I walked all around the store, and I came out with "Lean In" by Sheryl Sandberg.  It's a book examining the hurdles women face in obtaining and excelling in leadership roles.

Reading this book is the first step of my transformation process back to my old ambitious self.  I am looking forward to getting back on track with setting lofty goals in 2014 and not only reaching them but exceeding them!

Later at the house, I played Wii Sports and Just Dance 3 for the Wii with my family.  It was exhilirating for me to realize that I can do something so "normal" with my family again, with NO RESTRICTIONS!

-------------------------
Reflection

I feel like I have watched my life in slow motion this year.  Not that I haven't accomplished great things (only graduating with a PhD and landing a full-time Tenure Track faculty position) this year, but it was more of the realization of dreams that I laid the ground work for years and years ago.  This year I didn't lay any ground work for my new dreams.  I sat on the bench, putting the energy I normally put into reaching for the stars, into my surgery recoveries.

2014 is going to be my year to get off the detour I am on and get back on my rocket ship path of achievement. 



No comments:

Post a Comment