Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Day 191 (331): First walk across campus! + Swim

I had to go with a colleague across campus to take care of some end of the semester stuff.  Knowing about my feet, he kindly asked me if I could walk.  I haven't walked across campus at my new university yet.  It is hilly and has a lot of stairs, which with the condition of my feet this semester, looked to me like Mt. Everest.  I thought about it, and then I just said YES.  Today, I am going to try it.

We were off, and I climbed stair after stair to get up to the main part of campus.  We were both out of breath by the time we were at the top of the stairs and we still had to walk across the quad to get to the building that we needed to go to.

It was a big challenge for me...but I MADE IT!!!  Who knew something as simple as walking across campus could bring me so much joy?

When I got back from this adventure, I finished my all of my grading for the semester.  I am completely done with my first semester as a college professor!!!

If walking across campus for the first time, and closing out the semester weren't enough, I also went for a swim.

Swim

PT drills
Walking
Running
Heel raises
Squat jumps
Cariocas
High knees
Side to side over the lane live
Lateral squat walks
Running

Swimming
100m warmup
2 x 100m
4 x 50m
4 x 25m
Cooldown

Total yards: 600 m

----------------------
Reflection

Today I triumphed!  I am under construction, and I won't stop building until I'm exactly where I want to be.




No comments:

Post a Comment