Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Day 200!!! (340): Family Christmas Party

200 days!!!

Made it to the 200 day mark for my right foot.  Now that my feet are doing much better, the time really is flying by.

-----------------------

The last few days since my hiking adventure, my feet have been tired and sore.  It is to be expected due to the challenge that I put them up against.  Nothing to complain about, but enough to know that I shouldn't be pushing them.  I have tried to stay off of them and give them some time to recover.

On Thursday, I drove to my parents' house to help them prepare for our annual Family Christmas Party and to spend some of my break at home.  The huge perk of being a college professor is getting to stay on the college schedule, the same one I have followed for the last seven years as a student.  We have more than a month off for the holiday break.  I think my mind also wanted to make sure it was going to get a major break.  I left my laptop charger at my apartment.  I have a Mac and my family are all PC people.  No charger = Forced break.  There are worse things...

------------------------
This morning, my mom and I went on a short walk before doing all the final party preparations.



Walk
Duration: 00:38:34
Average Speed: 2.96 mph
Distance: 1.90 miles

The walk was slower than usual.  My feet are still a little sluggish from hiking.

------------------------

For the Christmas Party, I wore a skirt with tights and flats.  I wanted to make sure my scars were covered so that they wouldn't come up in conversation.  I am trying to move on with my life.  Every family event for this past year has, in my opinion, been ruined by my stupid surgeries and the state they put me in.  It was always, well, how are we going to get her there?  Will she be able to do it?  Is there a chair?  Can we leave her somewhere?  Blah blah blah.  My surgeries haven't only been hard on me, but my family has also had to make serious adjustments.  We are all really active.  That is just who we are.  We aren't wired to accept any alternatives.  Imagine the impact suddenly having a "disabled" child (at the age of 25) had on my parents.


My feet only came up once.  No twice.  I brushed the conversations off as quickly as possible.  Otherwise, the party was a lot of fun.  I LOVE my family.  Such characters.




No comments:

Post a Comment