Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Day 180 (320): Enjoying Cooking and Christmatizing

It's the first day of December!

...which means that it is totally acceptable to start putting up Christmas decorations and non-stop playing of Christmas music.

After resting from my trip home for Thanksgiving, I went shopping for Christmas decorations (after raiding my Mom's stash at home) and went to the grocery store.

I embraced the Christmas spirit today and started "Chrismatizing" my apartment.  I have been in school for the last 7 years, and have always gone home in early December for a 5-week winter break at my parents' house.  As such, it never made sense for me to decorate my apartment.  This year is different, now that I have a full time job.  This year I will be here for most of December and will only be going home for a couple of weeks.

I have been so excited, like "kid in a candy store" excited to decorate my own place for Christmas and start my own Christmas traditions. I LOVE Christmas.  Why? One reason is that it is acceptable to have sparkling lights, glitter, sequins and bright colors everywhere (like I do on an everyday basis!).  And...because it brings people together.

After Chrismatizing, I cooked all of my meals for the week and even made some Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies!  My cooking session took about 3 hours from start to finish, including washing all the dishes and re-cleaning the kitchen after.  This is the first time that I can remember enjoying cooking again.  I didn't have to use a chair to rest my feet (it wasn't even in the kitchen) and I didn't feel my feet throbbing in pain.  It's been well over a year since I have been able to cook in peace.  I am so excited to be able to eat my own healthy prepared food again and not have to rely on things out of the freezer, fast food, and take-out anymore.




No comments:

Post a Comment