Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Day 208 (348): Out with the old

Over the weekend, my family and I made a trip to my apartment to set-up my new additions...a huge flat-screen tv for my living room and a wireless printer for my home office...simply awesome christmas gifts.

While we were in the "re-modeling" phase, I decided that it was the right time to get a new tv stand and coffee table for my living room and also a real desk and bookshelf for my home office.

I also went through EVERY SINGLE BOX that I still had remaining from my move.  Over the weekend I transformed my apartment from nice college dorm/apartment to a legit "adult" apartment...with REAL furniture and everything :)

My mom and I also went for a walk yesterday:


Walk
Duration: 01:11:01
Average Speed: 3.12 mph
Distance: 3.69 miles

And today:

Walk
Duration: 00:47:02
Average Speed: 3.30 mph
Distance: 2.59 miles



----------------------
Reflection

I was happy to have the time and the physical capabilities to finally have a chance to go through all of the stuff that I have accumulated over my college years and to let go of some things.  It was also a major reality check that I am out of college.  I have a full time job, my own health insurance, my own place, and I pay my own bills.  When did I grow up? How did this happen???

Seriously, I am happy to be independent and living the life that I have always dreamed of.  However, it doesn't make it any easier to let go...







No comments:

Post a Comment