Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Friday, December 6, 2013

Day 185 (325): "Baby" Jogging

I have spent a lot of time at work the last couple of days giving finals.  Since I could tell I was starting to burn out yesterday, I planned to work at home today.

The weather was wonderful out today, it was sunny and "warm" compared to the weather we have been having. So after getting some work done,  I went for a walk.


Walk
Duration: 01:11:19
Average Speed: 2.88 mph
Distance: 3.43 miles


I started off just strolling around downtown, taking time to enjoy the scenery.  When I got to my normal walking trail, I decided that today was the day that I was going to try to jog for the first time.

After completing a mile walking, I set my interval timer for 2 mins on (jogging) and 1 min off (walking).  The familiar beeps sounded telling me it was time to jog.  I started off very slow and continued to go just above a power walk.  I call it shuffling or "baby" jogging (this is exactly the strategy I have used towards the end of my marathons when I was too tired to run).  The first two minutes went well.  I took my minute to walk, and then back to jogging.  I did great...it felt great!!!  No, AMAZING.  I was careful not to push it, so I only did this for half a mile, and then went back to walking.

-------------------------
Reflection

I  may have only jogged today, just for a few minutes, and really really slow, but the most important thing is that I did it.  I am well on my way to running again and will keep fighting for it daily.




No comments:

Post a Comment