Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Day 194 (334): Walking Meltdown


Walk
Duration: 01:06:56
Average Speed: 3.58 mph
Distance: 4.00 miles

After completing a mile walking, I set my interval timer for 2 mins on (jogging) and 1 min off (walking), the same as I did the last time I "jogged."  This time, I decided to try a mile.  After that I continued walking.

When my run tracker announced that I had made it to 3 miles in 49 mins, I couldn't help but to think that I would need to shave 20 minutes off of that to get back to my former PR, to even make it a "respectable" 5k time.  Here I was exhausted, feet tired, and out of breath from trying to push my pace.  Right now, it seems impossible to me to take 20 mins off.

I was frustrated to the point of tears rolling down my face.

When I got back home, I had to put on my ankle braces because I knew that I would need them to take some pressure off my feet for the grocery store run I needed to make.  My feet were really tired after my lackluster walk...

I cooked my meals for the week when I returned.

While cooking and for the rest of the night, I just tried to forget the day.  I elevated, iced, and took ibuprofen.  My feet were more sore than usual.  No more jogging for a while.



No comments:

Post a Comment