Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Day 168 (308): 6/11 month update


*Right: 24 week (6 month) surgery anniversary*

*Left: 44 week (11 month) surgery anniversary*

Update: Both feet are feeling really good.  My right heel is bothersome at times and that foot is tighter overall than my left, since it is the "newer" foot.  Otherwise, nothing to complain about.

New improvements:

~CAN walk 4 miles
~CAN walk at a 4 mph pace for a mile and over 3.5 mph average over multiple miles
~CAN jump carefully (best with something cushioned to land on)
~CAN ride my road bike with my clipless pedals out on the road
~CAN do walking lunges
~CAN navigate better in crowded places
~CAN walk on beach sand
~CAN sleep without elevation
~CAN skip icing some nights without waking up with achy feet


---------------------
Refection

The tides are turning my way again. I think I have weathered the storm for now and will keep working towards making myself stronger in preparation for the next one.  The most important change that I can see in myself lately has been getting my optimism back.  Some people don't understand how I find ways to be positive and enthusiastic most of the time.  Maybe some think I am "childish" or "girly" in ways.  My optimism has carried me far in this short life of mine as of yet and I think it is my secret weapon.  

I whole-heartedly believe in the following quote I found randomly:

"The mightiest works have been accomplished by men who have kept their ability to dream great dreams."- Walter Bowie

Dream on people, dream on, and...



No comments:

Post a Comment