Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Day 158 (298): Homecoming Game

So the weather was rainy and nasty all through the tailgate and the game...but it didn't stop me from meeting up with a number of old friends as I hopped from tailgate to tailgate.  Unlike my last game experience here, my feet are much better so I was able to stand and walk around throughout the entire tailgate.

One moment that stays in my mind is when one of my friends said, "I'll run up to you, since you can't run to me!"

Dagger in chest, t w i s t e d.

I know that she meant well, as in she was so excited to see me that she wanted to run and hug me, but it was a blaring reminder that I CAN'T RUN.  Not yet anyways.

After tailgating, we went into the stadium, and my team made a whole host of mistakes that cost us the game early, to one of our rival teams, nonetheless.  Losing this game knocked us down seriously in the post-season conversation, but that is my team, and I will stand by them rain or shine.




No comments:

Post a Comment