Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Day 154 (294): 22/42 week update + Too cold

*Right: 22 week surgery anniversary*

*Left: 42 week surgery anniversary*

Continuing to make progress, my left foot is only 10 weeks from being 1 year!

---------------------------

This morning, I leisurely cooked myself breakfast, went to work, taught my classes, and also got a lot of work done during my office hours.  I planned on going swimming, but when I got ready to go (around 5 pm), it was way too cold and dark outside for me to go.  I swim at an indoor pool, so the weather isn't a problem, except for getting out of the car and walking to the building and walking back to my car afterwards.  Today, I was cold down to my bones.  I have formerly spent a serious chunk of my life in a tropical climate, so this whole "winter" thing is something I haven't experienced in quite a while.  Going in to swim wasn't the problem for me, imagining changing from my warm clothes into a bathing suit, and also myself with wet hair walking out to my car was where I draw the line.

No swim today.

When I got home I caught up on some more work.

---------------------------
Reflection

I know that I am going to have to figure out a way to motivate myself to train in these cold and dark conditions, but today was not that day.


No comments:

Post a Comment