Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Day 159 (299): BEACH!!! :0)

The morning was kind of cloudy and overcast, but I was determined to go to the beach.  When I used to live here, I saw the ocean daily.  I made sure that every single one of my training routes went right along the water.  I also lived less than 2 miles from a major beach here.  Suffice to say that a lot of my former life revolved around going to the beach.

Enter injuries and their subsequent surgeries.

Life stopped.

No beach.  Why? The sand is so unstable and unpredictable and my feet were struggling to walk on flat ground.  I couldn't go for months before my surgeries, and not after with all of my assistive devices and casts/boots/braces, etc.

So it has been more than a year...

But today, I went to the beach and loved it!  Sure, it was hard to walk on the sand, but I did it!  I enjoyed the feel of the sun on my skin, the sand between my toes, and even went in the water for a bit.

Later, my friend and I ate brunch at an outdoor restaurant by the beach.  It was such a perfect and relaxing return to an activity that I so enjoy.

--------------------------
Reflection

I'm returning to my roots and things that are at the core of my being. Feeling my little island of happy that I have kept going through all of this grow into a land mass.



No comments:

Post a Comment