Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Friday, November 8, 2013

Day 157 (297): Homecoming Festivities

I had no trouble going through security, walking through the airport, and during my flight.  I am accustomed to traveling quite a bit, so I am happy that I can survive the airport experience fairly well now.

I also had an absolute blast through the jammed packed day of homecoming festivities.  I had my school themed tennis shoes on, completing my head to toe school spirited outfit.  My feet were sore as usual with all the walking, standing, and carrying on I was doing going from event to event, but they were tolerable.

They did not hold me back from what I was doing.

To me, that means I have achieved ultimate success with these surgeries.  To be able to truly enjoy doing the things that make me happy again is what I went through all of this for.  I don't have all of my abilities back, but there is no question that I am still in this fight!

--------------------
Reflection

It was truly humbling to realize that I survived these surgeries and was able to see the legacy I left at my former university.  It was my first time going back for homecoming, not as a student.  As much fun as I had reminiscing about my college days, it is even more fun to know that when this trip is over, I get to go back to a job and a life that I absolutely love in my new city.  I have moved on to bigger and better things since my college days, which means I "made it" in a sense. So proud of myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment