Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Day 133 (-7): 19 weeks + Weekend Recap

*19 week surgery anniversary*

Today, I am exactly 19 weeks post-op (Left) and 1 week pre-op (Right).  It is 6:44 am (EST) and I will be leaving for the airport shortly to fly to a conference.  This is my first time traveling since my first surgery.  My doctor wanted me to take blood thinners, but it occurred to me that I can't take anything since I am only a week out from my second surgery.  Compression socks will have to do.

I fell off the wagon posting daily, so here is a recap of the weekend:

Day 129 (-11): Pre-op Blood work, ordered wheelchair, worked on my dissertation and on my poster presentation for this week's conference.

Day 130 (-10): Do or Die work day...And I chose to do.  Finished my poster for the conference AND I finished my DISSERTATION!!!!

Day 131 (-9): Living young and wild and free!!! Went to a memorial day cookout/pool party and had a blast.  I of course wore tennis shoes with my swimsuit, but I didn't let my feet hold back my fun.  Several rounds of icing when I got home.

Day 132 (-8): Whole body exhaustion hit me.  I have been working so hard on my dissertation over the last few weeks, Surgery 1 recovery, and Surgery II prep.  My body only breaks down on me when I slow down long enough to let it rest.  I did build up enough energy to clean out my office space at school.  I won't part ways with my university until the end of the summer, but since this is the last week that I will be able to walk or drive, I figured I should get that move out of the way.

---------------------------------------

I'll post when I can on my traveling experience.  I am going to wear my tennis shoes as often as possible to help preserve my feet.  This week will be the ultimate test for my left foot in terms of how well it has recovered.

Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment