Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 118: Back to my schedule + Foot Comparison Pictures

All of my family returned home this morning.  I am extremely grateful that they came to celebrate this major accomplishment in my life, but they just aren't slaves to my feet like I am. Trying to keep up with them made it difficult for me to keep my feet in check.

The first thing I did was take the necessary steps to return to my drug, eating, sleeping, PT exercises, icing, and elevating schedule.

I wore compression socks and my ankle brace on my left foot to help with stability and swelling.  For the whole last week, my ankles have been chronically swollen and I need to work really hard to get them back to their happy place.

While my family was here, I had them take new pics of my ankles so that I could compare them to my pre-surgery pics.

All pictures have the pre-surgery (January 15th) pics on the left with the current pics (May 13th) on the right.

Both Feet: 

Left collapsed, right normal vs. left surgically repaired, right collapsed


Left collapsed pre-surgery vs. right currently collapsed:


Right normal pre-surgery vs. right collapsed currently:



Left collapsed pre-surgery vs. left surgically repaired:

No comments:

Post a Comment