Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day 113: PT Session #21

My therapist is back!!! Hip Hip HOORAY!!!

Ok...ok.  I am glad that he went on vacation...everyone needs a break...but I am even happier that he is back!

Since my family is in town, my mom came with me to the session.  It was fun having her there.  I got to introduce her to the secret world of physical therapy.  No one knows what it is like to have to go to physical therapy for months, except for the people that have had serious injuries.  The other day, I cracked a joke with a patient and her therapist, that I am a lifer.  As in, I have a lifetime physical therapy sentence.  That isn't too far from the truth.  When all of this is said and done, I will have had at least 6 months of physical therapy between the two surgeries.

Learning how to walk again has been the hardest thing I have ever done in my life...by far.  And in a couple of months, I get to do this all over again.  YIPPPEEEEEE!!!!

After physical therapy, I went straight to my doctoral hooding rehearsal!  Graduation is tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment