Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Day 114: PhD Graduation

As exciting as it was to wake up and know that by the end of the day I would go from a doctoral candidate to just doctor, my feet were not going to let me fully enjoy this day.

They were swollen from the time I woke up, until the time I crossed the stage of my first ceremony, to the time I stuffed them back into my Clark's wedges to participate in the official Graduate School Ceremony.

I went to one of my friend's graduation parties afterwards, dinner with my family, and out on the town.

I went to sleep at:

That is AM people...5:53 AM!!!

I was too embarrassed of how swollen my feet were to take a picture.  I iced, elevated, and took some drugs to help get the swelling down before going to sleep.

I imagined that my doctoral graduation day would be absolutely magical.  Nope, just another day of feeling pain with every step of every day, just in a fancier get up.

No comments:

Post a Comment