Ever seen a flatter foot? This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...

Ever seen a flatter foot?  This was the beginning of my PTTD surgery journey...
Left Foot Pre-Surgery X-ray: Ankle with heel valgus and flatfoot deformity

Monday, May 6, 2013

Day 111: MRI was inconclusive!

I got the phone call from my surgeon's PA announcing my right ankle MRI results.

They were inconclusive!  My posterior tibial tendon did not show the usual signs of PTTD.  This is startling because it is clear that my right ankle has collapsed in the same way my left did.

The PA said that I present all of the clinical signs, so he still thinks that I need the surgery, but that he wants my surgeon to make a closer examination.

He recommended for me to let my surgeon look at it the morning of surgery and then proceed or not proceed with the surgery.  I told him that that was not going to work.  I can't know the day of surgery if I am not going to be able to drive for 2 months.  I have to plan for that!  Later, a scheduling assistant called and recommended the day before surgery.  Same issue.  No planning time.  I was able to negotiate an appointment for Wednesday, May 22nd, which is still only 13 days before my surgery.  I am anxiously awaiting that appointment for final confirmation that I am going under the knife again.

No comments:

Post a Comment